Friday, December 10, 2010

It Never Sink.. YET

Infectious disease is one of the many health problem deserve much of our attention, since back to years and years ago till now. The spectrum of these diseases is expanding with the occurrence of new diseases which i. e. the new emerging diseases and the come- back of those once we thought to have been eliminated, the reemerging diseases.

If I ask you, what's the disease you know best which is highly infectious? Easily spread? The spreading affect not only family in house, not only community in one city, not only citizens in one country, but worldwide, GLOBAL. You may name a few, but I'm pretty sure that one of the answers would be INFLUENZA.

AVIAN FLU

It can be flu we all used to experience (at least once in a lifetime, but I'm sure more) since we were little, it can be avian flu, or even swine flu. I chose to discuss about Avian flu the fact that the trains of avian influenza A which causes avian flu is a highly pathogenic H5N1 virus and cause tremendously great effects, globally.
 
"The root of cause"

Click to enlarge
Avian influenza is an infection caused by avian (bird) influenza (flu) A viruses. These influenza A viruses occur naturally among birds. Wild birds worldwide get flu A infections in their intestines, but usually do not get sick from flu infections (non pathogenic influenza virus). However, avian influenza is very contagious among birds and some of these viruses can make certain domesticated bird species, including chickens, ducks, and turkeys, very sick and kill them.




"How we, human get it"

During an outbreak of avian influenza among poultry, there is a possible risk of infection for people who have contact with infected birds or surfaces that have been contaminated with secretions or excretions from infected birds.

You see, there are 2 main concerns very much highlighted of its effects toward human health:

1. H5N1 virus has caused by far the greatest number of human cases of very severe disease and the greatest number of deaths. It has crossed the species barrier to infect humans on at least three occasions in previous years: in Hong Kong in 1997 (18 cases with six deaths), in Hong Kong in 2003 (two cases with one death) and in the outbreaks that began in December 2003 and were first recognized in January 2004.

2. The risk that the H5N1 virus – if given enough opportunities – will develop the characteristics it needs to start another influenza pandemic.



"How influenza pandemic happens and can start another"

The virus has met all prerequisites for the start of a pandemic save one: an ability to spread efficiently and sustainably among humans. The virus can improve its transmissibility among humans via two principal mechanisms.

1. Reassortment
It's an event in which genetic material is exchanged between human and avian viruses during co-infection of a human or pig. Reassortment could result in a fully transmissible pandemic virus, announced by a sudden surge of cases with explosive spread.

2. Adaptive mutation
A more gradual process, whereby the capability of the virus to bind to human cells increases during subsequent infections of humans. Adaptive mutation, expressed initially as small clusters of human cases with some evidence of human-to-human transmission, would probably give the world some time to take defensive action, if detected sufficiently early.

"Treatment"
Actually, many resources stated that there is no effective treatment for avian influenza. Nevertheless, in general, treatment with the antiviral medication oseltamivir (Tamiflu) or zanamivir (Relenza) may make the disease less severe -- if the patient start taking the medicine within 48 hours after the symptoms start

References:

1 comment:

  1. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases ... Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis, Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,HPV,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Prostate Cancer,Leukemia,Lun,Fribroid,Infertility,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or whatsapp, @ .. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, phone number .. + 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    ReplyDelete