This blog is dedicatedly made for me to convey my personal reflections on
Block 4.2: HEALTH SYSTEM AND DISASTER.
All the discussions are based on the materials given be it from the lectures, panel discussions, tutorial sessions, practical sessions, and even skill laboratories sessions as the guidelines for me to step- by - step pouring out my thoughts and understanding and those are strengthening by my extra personal readings and study.
May this Block 4.2- blogging contract will benefit me, and everyone out there, not only for this total of 7 weeks of the academic schedule, but also in the future, amin..
Just click any topic of your interest:)
Module 1: Health System
- The systemic concept and the components within a health system.
- The goals of health system.
- Global health system.
- National, provincial, and district health system.
- Obstacles in achieving good outcomes in health system.
- The payment system and mechanism for payment in relation to the professional roles of medical doctors.
- The use of health care insurance in financing medical and health service.
- The concept of managed care and various roles of local government.
- Clinical governance, patient safety and equality in health care.
- Regulating quality (licensing and standardization).
- The surveillance system and the role of medical doctor in pandemic preparedness
- Emerging and Reemerging Diseases
- Infection Control
- The Potential epidemics / KLB (Kasus Luar Biasa) in Indonesia & Region*
- Changing Global Health in Changing Society (environmental medicine & Global Health)*
- The role of medical doctor as a member of organization, society, and citizen.
- The natural position of medical doctor as a leader in his/ her units and jobs.
- The important of communication skills with other team members, institutions, and communities when identifying problems, making analysis, and planning for required action.
- The art and science of leadership and managerial skills in order to handle health problems in the community
Module 2: Disaster Management
- The principles of disaster management
- Clinical emergency during disaster condition in a correct and ethical manner in accordance to own authority and competence.
- Principle of forensic anthropological identification:
- Preparedness, response, and recovery
- Logistics- Support Management
- Coordination Hospital Incident Command System*
- Medical Team Support- Rapid Response Team- Field Hospital*
- Prevention of Mental Health Problems & Spread of Infectious Diseases
- Post Traumatic Syndrome Disorder
- Disaster Surveillance
- Various Programs in Disaster Management
Welcome here, and make yourself at home:)